This week's product of the week is Fing'rs Edge Ombré Nail set, which contains 5 gorgeous colours and a sponge.
You can use these polishes in a few ways;
- as a gradient across all your nails (as shown in the photo below) one shade on each nail from lightest to darkest
- in an ombré effect on each nail (I'll detail how to do this below)
- as individual nail polishes, if you don't have many colours in your collection this is a great kit to get you started
If you want to try out the ombré look there's a quick & easy to follow tutorial on the side of the box but I'll share with you;
- paint all your nails in the lightest shade
- dip the sponge provided into water to stop the polish soaking in too quickly
- starting with the darkest colour first paint a thin line of polish on the sponge, start with the darkest, then 2nd darkest and so on..
- press onto a piece of paper to get rid of excess polish
- press onto the nail
- and there you have it ombré nails.
Although it sounds really simple I did struggle to get a really good ombré look. The sponge provided is just too porous really and gives a textured look that doesn't work for ombré. I recommend using a make-up sponge instead as these are much finer. As you can see even with the different sponge the ombré effect isn't perfect, but I think it's something that could definitely be perfected over time, it's not an instant out of the box thing.
I do love this nail polish set though. I enjoyed the gradient look (although I do think the jump from the 2 lightest shades to the 3 darker shades is too big) and the individual colours are all gorgeous and it's definitely worth purchasing just for those. The polishes are thick and fast drying & the brush is really easy to handle. I would recommend using a good quality top coat with these polishes as they do chip quite easily without (or maybe I just bully my nails).
So although I struggled with the ombré look, I do recommend this set. You get 5 gorgeous colours, and you could definitely get the ombré effect with some practice.
Fing'rs Edge Ombré Nails Kit comes in purple, blue & pink.
You can buy the Fing'rs Edge Ombré Nails Kit for £9.99 from Asda stores nationwide.
Stay safe lovelies, it's wet out there! x