Greek Vase Types #7 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Ceramics - Wikisource, The Free Online Library Photos Collection
GreekGreek (grēk),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Greece, the Greeks, or their language.
- pertaining to the Greek Orthodox Church.
- noting or pertaining to the alphabetical script derived from a Semitic form of writing and employing some letters that originally represented consonants for vowel sounds, which was used from about the beginning of the first millennium b.c. for the writing of Greek, and from which the Latin, Cyrillic, and other alphabets were derived.
- a native or inhabitant of Greece.
- the language of the ancient Greeks and any of the languages that have developed from it, as Hellenistic Greek, Biblical Greek, the Koine, and Modern Greek. Abbr.: Gk, Gk.
- anything unintelligible, as speech, writing, etc.: This contract is Greek to me.
- a member of the Greek Church.
- Hellenic (def. 3).
- a person who belongs to a Greek-letter fraternity or sorority.
- [Archaic.]a cheater, esp. one who cheats at cards: usually considered offensive.
Vasevase (vās, vāz, väz),USA pronunciation n.
- a vessel, as of glass, porcelain, earthenware, or metal, usually higher than it is wide, used chiefly to hold cut flowers or for decoration.
Typestype (tīp),USA pronunciation n., v., typed, typ•ing.
- a number of things or persons sharing a particular characteristic, or set of characteristics, that causes them to be regarded as a group, more or less precisely defined or designated;
category: a criminal of the most vicious type.
- a thing or person regarded as a member of a class or category;
sort (usually fol. by of ): This is some type of mushroom.
- a person, regarded as reflecting or typifying a certain line of work, environment, etc.: a couple of civil service types.
- a thing or person that represents perfectly or in the best way a class or category;
model: the very type of a headmaster.
- a rectangular piece or block, now usually of metal, having on its upper surface a letter or character in relief.
- such pieces or blocks collectively.
- a similar piece in a typewriter or the like.
- such pieces collectively.
- a printed character or printed characters: a headline in large type.
- face (defs. 19b, c).
- a genus or species that most nearly exemplifies the essential characteristics of a higher group.
- the one or more specimens on which the description and naming of a species is based.
- the inherited features of an animal or breed that are favorable for any given purpose: dairy type.
- a strain, breed, or variety of animal, or a single animal, belonging to a specific kind.
- [Logic, Ling.]Also called type-word. the general form of a word, expression, symbol, or the like in contrast to its particular instances: The type "and'' in "red and white and blue'' has two separate tokens.Cf. token (def. 8).
- the pattern or model from which something is made.
- an image or figure produced by impressing or stamping, as the principal figure or device on either side of a coin or medal.
- a distinctive or characteristic mark or sign.
- a symbol of something in the future, as an Old Testament event serving as a prefiguration of a New Testament event.
- See blood group.
- to write on a typewriter;
typewrite or keyboard.
- to reproduce in type or in print.
- to ascertain the type of (a blood or tissue sample).
- to typecast.
- to be a type or symbol of;
- to represent prophetically;
- to typewrite.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Freefree (frē),USA pronunciation adj., fre•er, fre•est, adv., v., freed, free•ing.
- enjoying personal rights or liberty, as a person who is not in slavery: a land of free people.
- pertaining to or reserved for those who enjoy personal liberty: They were thankful to be living on free soil.
- existing under, characterized by, or possessing civil and political liberties that are, as a rule, constitutionally guaranteed by representative government: the free nations of the world.
- enjoying political autonomy, as a people or country not under foreign rule;
- exempt from external authority, interference, restriction, etc., as a person or one's will, thought, choice, action, etc.;
- able to do something at will;
at liberty: free to choose.
- clear of obstructions or obstacles, as a road or corridor: The highway is now free of fallen rock.
- not occupied or in use: I'll try to phone her again if the line is free.
- exempt or released from something specified that controls, restrains, burdens, etc. (usually fol. by from or of ): free from worry; free of taxes.
- having immunity or being safe (usually fol. by from): free from danger.
- provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment: free parking; a free sample.
- given without consideration of a return or reward: a free offer of legal advice.
- unimpeded, as motion or movement;
easy, firm, or swift.
- not held fast;
unattached: to get one's arm free.
- not joined to or in contact with something else: The free end of the cantilever sagged.
- acting without self-restraint or reserve: to be too free with one's tongue.
- ready or generous in giving;
lavish: to be free with one's advice.
- given readily or in profusion;
- frank and open;
unconstrained, unceremonious, or familiar.
- unrestrained by decency;
loose or licentious: free behavior.
- not subject to special regulations, restrictions, duties, etc.: The ship was given free passage.
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by free enterprise: a free economy.
- that may be used by or is open to all: a free market.
- engaged in by all present;
general: a free fight.
- not literal, as a translation, adaptation, or the like;
- uncombined chemically: free oxygen.
- traveling without power;
under no force except that of gravity or inertia: free flight.
- (of a vowel) situated in an open syllable (opposed to checked).
- at liberty to enter and enjoy at will (usually fol. by of ): to be free of a friend's house.
- not subject to rules, set forms, etc.: The young students had an hour of free play between classes.
- easily worked, as stone, land, etc.
- (of a vector) having specified magnitude and direction but no specified initial point. Cf. bound1 (def. 9).
- Also, large. (of a wind) nearly on the quarter, so that a sailing vessel may sail free.
- not containing a specified substance (often used in combination): a sugar-free soft drink.
- (of a linguistic form) occurring as an independent construction, without necessary combination with other forms, as most words. Cf. bound1 (def. 11).
- for free, [Informal.]without charge: The tailor mended my jacket for free.
- free and clear, [Law.]without any encumbrance, as a lien or mortgage: They owned their house free and clear.
- free and easy:
- excessively or inappropriately casual;
- set free, to release;
free: The prisoners were set free.
- with a free hand, generously;
openhandedly: He entertains visitors with a free hand.
- without cost, payment, or charge.
- in a free manner;
- away from the wind, so that a sailing vessel need not be close-hauled: running free.
- make free with:
- to use as one's own;
help oneself to: If you make free with their liquor, you won't be invited again.
- to treat with too much familiarity;
take liberties with.
- to make free;
set at liberty;
release from bondage, imprisonment, or restraint.
- to exempt or deliver (usually fol. by from).
- to relieve or rid (usually fol. by of ): to free oneself of responsibility.
- to disengage;
clear (usually fol. by from or of ).
- free up:
- to release, as from restrictions: Congress voted to free up funds for the new highway system.
- to disentangle: It took an hour to free up the traffic jam.
Onlineline1 (līn),USA pronunciation n., v., lined, lin•ing.
- a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.
- a continuous extent of length, straight or curved, without breadth or thickness;
the trace of a moving point.
- something arranged along a line, esp. a straight line;
a row or series: a line of trees.
- a number of persons standing one behind the other and waiting their turns at or for something;
- something resembling a traced line, as a band of color, a seam, or a furrow: lines of stratification in rock.
- a furrow or wrinkle on the face, neck, etc.: lines around the eyes.
- an indication of demarcation;
limit: the county line; a fine line between right and wrong.
- a row of written or printed letters, words, etc.: a page of 30 lines.
- a verse of poetry: A line in iambic pentameter contains five feet.
- Usually, lines. the words of an actor's part in a drama, musical comedy, etc.: to rehearse one's lines.
- a short written message: Drop me a line when you're on vacation.
- a system of public conveyances, as buses or trains, plying regularly over a fixed route: the northbound line at State Street.
- a transportation or conveyance company: a steamship line.
- a course of direction;
route: the line of march down Main Street.
- a course of action, procedure, thought, policy, etc.: That newspaper follows the communist line.
- a piece of pertinent or useful information (usually fol. by on): I've got a line on a good used car.
- a series of generations of persons, animals, or plants descended from a common ancestor: a line of kings.
- a department of activity;
occupation or business: What line are you in?
- a mode of conversation, esp. one that is glib or exaggerated in order to impress or influence another person: He really handed her a line about his rich relatives.
- a straight line drawn from an observed object to the fovea of the eye.
- the outer form or proportions of a ship, building, etc.: a ship of fine lines.
- a general form, as of an event or something that is made, which may be the basis of comparison, imitation, etc.: two books written along the same lines.
- a person's lot or portion: to endure the hard lines of poverty.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a certificate of marriage.
- a circle of the terrestrial or celestial sphere: the equinoctial line.
- banner (def. 7).
- a mark made by a pencil, brush, or the like, that defines the contour of a shape, forms hatching, etc.
- the edge of a shape.
- [Television.]one scanning line.
- a telephone connection: Please hold the line.
- a wire circuit connecting two or more pieces of electric apparatus, esp. the wire or wires connecting points or stations in a telegraph or telephone system, or the system itself.
- the line, the equator.
- a stock of commercial goods of the same general class but having a range of styles, sizes, prices, or quality: the company's line of shoes.
- an assembly line.
- a limit defining one estate from another;
the outline or boundary of a piece of real estate.
- [Bridge.]a line on a score sheet that separates points scored toward game(below the line) from points scored by setting a contract, having honors, etc.(above the line).
- [Music.]any of the straight, horizontal, parallel strokes of the staff, or one placed above or below the staff.
- a defensive position or front.
- a series of fortifications: the Maginot line.
- Usually, lines. a distribution of troops, sentries, etc., for the defense of a position or for an attack: behind the enemy's lines.
- the body of personnel constituting the combatant forces of an army, as distinguished from the supply services and staff corps.
- an arrangement of troops of an army or of ships of a fleet as drawn up for battle: line of battle.
- a body or formation of troops or ships drawn up abreast (distinguished from column).
- the class of officers serving with combatant units or warships.
- the regular forces of an army or navy.
- that part of an administrative organization consisting of persons actively engaged on a given project. Cf. staff1 (def. 4).
- a thread, string, cord, rope, or the like.
- a clothesline: the wash hanging on the line.
- a cord, wire, or the like, used for measuring or as a guide.
- a pipe or hose: a steam line.
- a rope or cable used at sea.
- a small quantity of cocaine arranged in the form of a slender thread or line, as for sniffing.
- Also, ligne. a unit, &fracnumer;
inch (0.635 millimeter), for measuring the diameter of buttons.
- [Angling.]a length of nylon, silk, linen, cord, or the like, to which are attached the leader, hook, sinker, float, etc.
- either of the two front rows of opposing players lined up opposite each other on the line of scrimmage: a four-man line.
- See line of scrimmage.
- the betting odds established by bookmakers for events not covered by pari-mutuel betting, esp. sporting events, as football or basketball.
- [Ice Hockey.]the two wings and center who make up a team's offensive unit.
- [Fencing.]any of the four divisions of the portion of a fencer's body on which a touch can be scored, taken as an area of attack or defense.
- the longer and preferred flax or hemp fibers. Cf. tow2 (def. 2).
- [Fox Hunting.]the trail of scent left by a fox.
- a unit of length equivalent to &fracnumer;
inch (2.12 millimeters).
- a class or type of insurance: casualty line.
- the amount of insurance written for a particular risk.
- [Australian Slang.]a girl or woman.
- bring, come, or get into line:
- to become or cause to become straight, as in a row: The members of the marching band got into line.
- to conform or cause to conform or agree: They were persuaded to come into line with the party's policy.
- down the line:
- in all ways;
fully: It's a fine house right down the line—well-built, roomy, attractive.
- in the future.
- draw the line, to impose a restriction;
limit: They might exaggerate but would draw the line at outright lying.
- go up in one's lines, [U.S.]Theat. to forget one's part during a performance. Also,[Brit.,] go up on one's lines.
- hold the line, to maintain the status quo, esp. in order to forestall unfavorable developments: We're trying to hold the line on prices.
- in line:
- in alignment;
- in conformity or agreement.
- in control (of one's conduct): to keep one's temper in line.
- waiting one behind the other in a queue: There were eight people in line at the teller's window.
- in line with, in agreement or conformity with: The action taken was in line with her decision.
- in the line of duty, in the execution of the duties belonging to some occupation, esp. with regard to the responsibility for life and death: a policeman wounded in the line of duty.Also, in line of duty.
- lay it on the line:
- to give money;
- to give the required information;
speak directly or frankly: I'm going to stop being polite and lay it on the line.
- off line:
- occurring or functioning away from an assembly line, work process, etc.
- not in operation;
- on a line, [Baseball.](of a batted or thrown ball) through the air in an approximately straight line from the point of impact or delivery: hit on a line between third and short; thrown in on a line from the center fielder.
- on line:
- on or part of an assembly line: Production will be improved when the new welding equipment is on line.
- in or into operation: The manufacturing facilities will be on line before November.
- [Computers.]actively linked to a computer: The printer is not yet on line.
- [Chiefly New York City.]See line 1 (def. 60e).
- on the line:
- being risked or put in jeopardy;
in a vulnerable position: Our prestige and honor are on the line.
readily: paid cash on the line.
- out of line:
- not in a straight line.
- in disagreement with what is accepted or practiced.
presumptuous: That last remark was out of line.
- read between the lines, to understand the unexpressed but implied meaning of something said or written: Her letter sounded cheerful enough, but I read a certain sadness between the lines.
- toe the line or mark:
- to conform strictly to a rule, command, etc.
- to shoulder responsibilities;
do one's duty: He tried hard to toe the line on the new job.
- to take a position in a line;
range (often fol. by up): to line up before the start of a parade.
- to hit a line drive.
- to line out.
lin′a•ble, line′a•ble, adj.
- to bring into a line, or into line with others (often fol. by up): to line up troops.
- to mark with a line or lines: to line paper for writing.
- to sketch verbally or in writing;
outline (often fol. by out): We followed the plan he had lined out.
- to arrange a line along: to line a coast with colonies.
- to form a line along: Rocks lined the drive.
- to apply liner to (the eyes).
- to delineate with or as if with lines;
draw: to line the silhouette of a person's head.
- [Archaic.]to measure or test with a line.
- line out:
- [Baseball.]to be put out by hitting a line drive caught on the fly by a player of the opposing team.
- to execute or perform: He lined out a few songs upon request.
- line up, to secure;
make available: to line up support; to line up a speaker for the banquet.
Hello guys, this post is about Greek Vase Types #7 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Ceramics - Wikisource, The Free Online Library. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 756 x 424. This post's file size is only 39 KB. If You want to download It to Your laptop, you might Click here. You might too download more pictures by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Greek Vase Types.
In the event you already have children who are produced old the utilization of this layout applies. You need to avoid these shades, in case your kids are preschoolers. Why? Yes naturally, to prevent the impact of dirty that caused since not him youngsters in having fun with your chosen furniture.
A lot more colors that one may employ not to offer particular effects to your home furniture's utilization layout. In case you choose Greek Vase Types #7 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Ceramics - Wikisource, The Free Online Library that induced the strange, for natural shade it is possible to select green or brown leaves. For an elegant and sleek impression could be represented by offering along with black.
Especially if you've animals such as cats or puppies, should prevent the use of extras and furniture is bright. You will be bothered with attention that is extra. The bright color is generally swiftly obvious if spots or dust. Furniture that you will undoubtedly be satisfied rapidly outdated and run-down, thus no more sophisticated.
More Ideas on Greek Vase Types #7 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Ceramics - Wikisource, The Free Online Library
- Black White Cabinets
- Colors For Bathrooms Walls
- Celebrity Wind Wardrobe Malfunctions
- Led Underbody Lights
- Dining Room Table Plans Woodworking
- Gymnastics Tumbling Mat
- Bissell Rug Shampooer Parts
- Couches Portland Oregon
- Common The Light Lyrics
- 4x4 Trellis
- Frozen Feeder Rats
- Fireplace Floor Tiles
- Ikea Kids Bedroom Furniture
- Macys Furniture Locations
- Homemade Lumber Rack
- Becks Quality Cabinets