Caissoncais•son (kā′sən, -son),USA pronunciation n.
- a structure used in underwater work, consisting of an airtight chamber, open at the bottom and containing air under sufficient pressure to exclude the water.
- a boatlike structure used as a gate for a dock or the like.
- Also called camel, pontoon. a float for raising a sunken vessel, sunk beside the vessel, made fast to it, and then pumped out to make it buoyant.
- a watertight structure built against a damaged area of a hull to render the hull watertight;
- a two-wheeled wagon, used for carrying artillery ammunition.
- an ammunition chest.
- a wooden chest containing bombs or explosives, used formerly as a mine.
- coffer (def. 4).
Shaftshaft (shaft, shäft),USA pronunciation n.
- a long pole forming the body of various weapons, as lances, halberds, or arrows.
- something directed or barbed as in sharp attack: shafts of sarcasm.
- a ray or beam: a shaft of sunlight.
- a long, comparatively straight handle serving as an important or balancing part of an implement or device, as of a hammer, ax, golf club, or other implement.
- [Mach.]a rotating or oscillating round, straight bar for transmitting motion and torque, usually supported on bearings and carrying gears, wheels, or the like, as a propeller shaft on a ship, or a drive shaft of an engine.
- a flagpole.
- that part of a column or pier between the base and capital. See diag. under column.
- any distinct, slender, vertical masonry feature engaged in a wall or pier and usually supporting or feigning to support an arch or vault.
- a monument in the form of a column, obelisk, or the like.
- either of the parallel bars of wood between which the animal drawing a vehicle is hitched.
- any well-like passage or vertical enclosed space, as in a building: an elevator shaft.
- a vertical or sloping passageway leading to the surface.
- the trunk of a tree.
- the main stem or midrib of a feather.
- Also called leaf. the harness or warp with reference to the pattern of interlacing threads in weave constructions (usually used in combination): an eight-shaft satin.
- the part of a candelabrum that supports the branches.
- to push or propel with a pole: to shaft a boat through a tunnel.
- to treat in a harsh, unfair, or treacherous manner.
Sinkingsink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Hello there, this picture is about Caisson Shaft Sinking #1 Segmental Shafts. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 952 x 536. This post's file size is only 90 KB. If You ought to download It to Your computer, you should Click here. You also also see more attachments by clicking the picture below or read more at here: Caisson Shaft Sinking.
Everyone knows that Caisson Shaft Sinking #1 Segmental Shafts color is one to make a lovely room design of the most critical factors. Color is an indispensable aspect for decorating remodeling or generating types, so choosing the colors that are right must be carefully considered.
As previously mentioned in the last report, the color may thrust influence on conception, feeling and connection. In choosing the right color on your family rooms thus, you should spend specific awareness.
The sack is a location where we relax, a sanctuary where we sleep once we are ill, or perhaps once we are tired, tired of the daily regimen. The sack could be the position wherever we wished just, study a favorite novel or to be alone remain muted. Areas should be a spot that will create us feel relaxed.
Due to the need for the function of the bed room, you want to share the styles that are best bedroom. We must choose the design and colour that could create us accomplish peace of luxury and mind. Solace wills stimulate in an evening that is chaotic. You will see with a place with great Caisson Shaft Sinking #1 Segmental Shafts color could be a luxury in itself.
When matched using the ideal accent colors like shades of silver, blue green that is light Caisson Shaft Sinking #1 Segmental Shafts could be trendy shades for your room. Shimmering accessories comfortable and can make your place more beautiful. It is using orange coloring was spoton, not-too vibrant but soothing and it is the most effective colour for the room.
This coloring is really mixes perfectly with components utilized in this bedroom hopefully room style with shade selections above will help you assess your own property over a shade palette that's most comfortable foryou and the shade taste. The rooms are well designed to begin deciding on the best color. Choosing a color scheme that you make you experience most relaxed and like is the issue that is most important that you ought to contemplate. Do not neglect to ensure that whatsoever color blend you choose must correspond to every detail inside your bedroom.
Related Galleries on Caisson Shaft Sinking #1 Segmental Shafts
- Fire Pit Pavers
- Elegant Quilt
- Iata Cabin Crew Course
- Kitchen Panda
- Dewalt Contractor Table Saw
- Best Dog Food To Harden Stools
- Outdoor Patio End Tables
- Kohler Double Kitchen Sink
- Closets Plus
- Cabins Helen
- Best Sofa Brand
- Espresso Armoire Furniture
- Bungalow Living Room
- Bible Comfort Verses
- Ge Cooktop Repair
- Grill On Porch