Orangeor•ange (ôr′inj, or′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a globose, reddish-yellow, bitter or sweet, edible citrus fruit.
- any white-flowered, evergreen citrus trees of the genus Citrus, bearing this fruit, as C. aurantium(bitter orange, Seville orange, or sour orange) and C. sinensis(sweet orange), cultivated in warm countries.
- any of several other citrus trees, as the trifoliate orange.
- any of several trees or fruits resembling an orange.
- a color between yellow and red in the spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 590 and 610 nm;
- [Art.]a secondary color that has been formed by the mixture of red and yellow pigments.
- of or pertaining to the orange.
- made or prepared with oranges or orangelike flavoring: orange sherbet.
- of the color orange;
Drinkdrink (dringk),USA pronunciation v., drank or (Nonstandard) drunk, drunk or, often, drank, drink•ing;
- to take water or other liquid into the mouth and swallow it;
- to imbibe alcoholic drinks, esp. habitually or to excess;
tipple: He never drinks. They won't find jobs until they stop drinking.
- to show one's respect, affection, or hopes with regard to a person, thing, or event by ceremoniously taking a swallow of wine or some other drink (often fol. by to): They drank to his victory.
- to be savored or enjoyed by drinking: a wine that will drink deliciously for many years.
- to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow.
- to take in (a liquid) in any manner;
- to take in through the senses, esp. with eagerness and pleasure (often fol. by in): He drank in the beauty of the scene.
- to swallow the contents of (a cup, glass, etc.).
- to propose or participate in a toast to (a person, thing, or event): to drink one's health.
- any liquid that is swallowed to quench thirst, for nourishment, etc.;
- excessive indulgence in alcohol: Drink was his downfall.
- a swallow or draft of liquid;
potion: She took a drink of water before she spoke.
- a large body of water, as a lake, ocean, river, etc. (usually prec. by the): His teammates threw him in the drink.
Upup (up),USA pronunciation adv., prep., adj., n., v., upped, up•ping.
- to, toward, or in a more elevated position: to climb up to the top of a ladder.
- to or in an erect position: to stand up.
- out of bed: to get up.
- above the horizon: The moon came up.
- to or at any point that is considered higher.
- to or at a source, origin, center, or the like: to follow a stream up to its source.
- to or at a higher point or degree, as of rank, size, value, pitch, loudness, brightness, maturity, or speed:to move up in a firm;
to pump up a tire;
to turn a lantern up;
Prices are going up. Speak up! Hurry up!
in a leading position in a competition: He managed to get up on his opponent by three points.
- in continuing contact, esp. as reflecting continuing awareness, knowledge, etc.: to keep up with the latest developments in mathematics.
- into or in activity, operation, etc.: to set up vibrations.
- into a state of emotional agitation or distress: His insults left her all roiled up.
- into existence, visible form, etc.: His sample was worked up in the studio.
- into view, prominence, or consideration: The lost papers have turned up.
- into or in a place of safekeeping, storage, retirement, etc.: to lay up riches; to put up preserves.
- into or in a state of union, contraction, etc.: to add up a column of figures; to fold up.
- to the required or final point: to pay up one's debts; burned up.
- to a state of completion;
to an end: She finished it all up.
- to a halt: The riders reined up and dismounted.
- [Baseball.]being the player or team batting;
- (used as a function word for additional emphasis, sometimes prec. by it): Go wake your father up. What plugged it up? We laughed it up.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The golfer was two strokes up on his nearest competitor.
apiece: The score was seven up in the final quarter.
- (of machines or equipment, as computers) working;
in working order or in operation.
- [Informal.]without the addition of ice;
straight up: Bring me a martini, up.
- [Naut.]toward the wind: Put the helm up.
- all up with, at or approaching the end of;
with defeat or ruin imminent for: He realized it was all up with him when the search party began to close in.
- go up in one's lines. See line 1 (def. 58).
- up against, faced or confronted with: They were up against formidable obstacles.
- up against it, in a difficult situation, esp. in financial straits: There was no one to help him when he was up against it.
- up and around, recovered from an illness;
able to leave one's bed. Also, up and about.
- up and down:
- back and forth;
backward and forward: He paced up and down.
- from top to bottom or head to toe: She looked me up and down before replying.
- up for, considered as eligible or as a possibility for (something): The child is up for adoption. Three actresses are up for the role.
- up to:
- as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
- in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
- as many as;
to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
- having adequate powers or ability for;
equal to: He didn't think I was up to the job.
- the duty or responsibility of;
incumbent upon: It's up to you to break the news to him.
- engaged in;
doing: What have you been up to lately?
- to, toward, or at an elevated place on or in: They went up the stairs. The cat is up the tree.
- to, toward, or at a high or higher station, condition, or rank on or in: He is well up the social ladder.
- at or to a farther point or higher place on or in: She is up the street. I'm going up the street.
- toward the source, origin, etc., of: up the stream.
- toward a particular direction or in the interior of, as a region or territory: The explorers were up north.
- in a course or direction that is contrary to that of: to row up the current.
- up your ass, [Slang](vulgar). See shove (def. 6). Also, up yours.
- moving in or related to a direction that is up or is regarded as up: the up elevator; the up train traveling north; the up platform of a railroad station.
aware (usually fol. by on or in): She is always up on current events.
terminated: The game is up. Your hour is up.
- going on or happening;
occurring: What's up over there?
- having a high position or station: He is up in society.
- in an erect, vertical, or raised position: The gate at the railroad crossing is up. The tent is up.
- above the earth or ground: The corn is up and ready to be harvested.
- in the air;
aloft: The meteorological balloons are up. The airplanes are up for their reconnaissance flights.
- (of heavenly bodies) risen above the horizon: The sun is up.
- awake or out of bed: to be up with insomnia.
- mounted on horseback: He knows which jockeys are up in every race.
- (of water in natural bodies) high with relation to the banks or shore: The tide is up.
constructed: The new museum is up and open to the public.
- facing upward: He is resting and his face is up.
- See sunnyside up.
- (of roads, highways, etc.) having the surface broken or removed (usually used in combination): a torn-up road.
- in revolt, mutiny, or rebellious agitation: Many territories were up and preparing to send troops against the government.
- in a state of agitation: Beware of him when his temper is up.
- [Informal.]cheerful or optimistic;
- [Informal.]productive, favorable, or profitable: a string of up months for the company.
- afoot or amiss: Her nervous manner told me that something was up.
- in a state of enthusiastic or confident readiness (usually fol. by for): The team was definitely up for the game.
on the way: She was on a ship up for Australia.
- resolved in an unfavorable or undesired way: They knew that their game was up.
- higher than formerly in cost, amount, degree, etc.: The price of meat was up.
- (of age) advanced (usually fol. by in): He is rather spry for a man so up in years.
- active: The captain wished to set sail as soon as the wind was up.
- in a legal proceeding as defendant: He is up for murder.
- in operation or ready for use: The theater's lights are up.
- (of points or other standards used to determine the winner in a competition) ahead;
in advance: He won the game with two points up over his opponent.
- considered or under consideration: a candidate up for reelection; a bill that is up before Congress.
bet: He won all the money up in the game.
- living or located inland or on elevated ground: They live in a village two miles up from the coast.
- (used with a preceding numeral to indicate that a score is tied in a competition): It was 10 up at the end of the first half.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents: They scored three times in a row to go two up.
- straight up. See straight (def. 38).
- up and doing, [Informal.]actively engaged;
busy: During her convalescence she longed to be up and doing.
- an upward movement;
- a rise of fortune, mood, etc.
- a time of good fortune, prosperity, or happiness: He has had more ups than downs in his career.
- an upbound means of public transportation, as a train or bus.
- [Informal.]a feeling or state of happiness, exuberance, or elation.
- [Slang.]upper (def. 10).
- a person or thing that is in a favorable position of wealth, fortune, etc.: People who were ups in the business world suffered losses in the economic depression.
- an upward slope;
- an upward course or rise, as in price or value: The landlord promised his tenants there would be no further ups in the rent this year.
- on the up and up, [Informal.]frank;
sincere: He seems to be on the up and up.Also, on the up-and-up.
- to put or take up.
- to make larger;
step up: to up output.
- to raise;
go better than (a preceding wager): to up the ante.
- [Informal.]to start up;
begin something abruptly (usually fol. by and and another verb): Then he upped and ran away from home.
- (often used imperatively or hortatively) to rise up: Up, men, and fight until all the enemy are defeated!
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Gogo1 (gō),USA pronunciation v., went, gone, go•ing, n., pl. goes, interj., adj.
- to move or proceed, esp. to or from something: They're going by bus.
- to leave a place;
depart: People were coming and going all the time.
- to keep or be in motion;
function or perform as required: Can't you go any faster in your work?
- to become as specified: to go mad.
- to continue in a certain state or condition;
be habitually: to go barefoot.
- to act as specified: Go warily if he wants to discuss terms.
- to act so as to come into a certain state or condition: to go into debt; to go to sleep.
- to be known: to go by a false name.
- to reach, extend, or give access to: Where does this door go?
- to pass or elapse: The time went fast.
- to be applied, allotted, awarded, transferred, etc., to a particular recipient or purpose: My money goes for food and rent.
- to be sold: I have a bid of two dollars. Going! Going! Gone!
- to be considered generally or usually: He's short, as basketball players go.
- to conduce or tend: This only goes to prove the point.
- to result or end;
turn out: How did the game go?
- to belong;
have a place: This book goes on the top shelf.
- (of colors, styles, etc.) to harmonize;
be suited: Your tweed jacket would go well with these pants.
- to fit around or into;
be able to be extended, contained, inserted, etc.: This belt won't go around my waist.
- to be or become consumed, spent, finished, etc.: The cake went fast.
- to be or become discarded, dismissed, put aside, forgotten, etc.: Those practical jokes of yours have got to go!
- to develop, progress, or proceed, esp. with reference to success or satisfaction: How is your new job going?
- to move or proceed with remarkable speed or energy: Look at that airplane go!
- to make a certain sound: The gun goes bang.
- to be phrased, written, or composed: How does that song go?
- to seek or have recourse for a decision, verdict, corroboration, defense, etc.;
resort: to go to court.
- to become worn-out, weakened, ineffective, etc.: His eyesight is beginning to go.
- to die: The old man went peacefully at 3 a.m.
- to fail, break, or give way: The dike might go any minute.
- to come into action;
begin: Go when you hear the bell.
- to make up a quantity or content;
be requisite: Sixteen ounces go to the pound.
- to be able to be divided;
be contained as a mathematical element: Three goes into fifteen five times.
- to contribute to an end result: the items that go to make up the total.
- to have as one's goal;
intend (usually used in the present tense, fol. by an infinitive): Their daughter is going to be a doctor.
- to be permitted, approved, or the like: Around here, anything goes.
- to be authoritative;
be the final word: This is my house, and what I say goes!
- to subject oneself: Don't go to any trouble.
- (used in the infinitive as an intensifier to indicate the idea of proceeding, esp. with the expectation of serious consequences): He finally had to go ask for a loan.
- to urinate or defecate.
- to endure or tolerate: I can't go his preaching.
- to risk, pay, afford, bet, or bid: I'll go fifty dollars for a ticket, but no more.
- to move or proceed with or according to;
follow: Going my way?
- to share or participate in to the extent of (often fol. by a complementary substantive): to go halves.
- to yield, produce, weigh as a usable amount, or grow to: This field will go two bales of cotton.
- to assume the obligation, responsibility, or function of: His father went bail for him.
- to enjoy, appreciate, desire, or want: I could go a big steak dinner right now.
- to say;
declare (usually used in speech): I asked the clerk for my receipt, and he goes, "You don't need it.''
- go about:
- to occupy oneself with;
perform: The shoemaker goes about his work with a smile.
- [Naut.]to change course by tacking or wearing.
- go after, to attempt to obtain;
strive for: You'll never get what you want if you don't go after it energetically.
- go against, to be in conflict with or opposed to: It goes against the company's policy.
- go ahead, to proceed without hesitation or delay: If you want to use my car, go ahead.
- go along:
- to move or proceed.
- to accompany in travel.
- to agree;
concur: I can't go along with you on that idea.
- go and, to be so thoughtless, unfortunate, or silly as to: It was going to be a surprise but he went and told her.
- go ape over or for. See ape (def. 6).
- go around:
- to be often in company (often fol. by with): to go around with a bad crowd.
- to be sufficient for all: Is there enough food to go around?
- to pass or circulate, as in transmission or communication: The rumor is going around that he was forced to resign.
- go at:
- to assault;
- to begin or proceed vigorously: to go at one's work with a will.
- go back on. See back 2 (def. 9).
- go bananas. See bananas (def. 2).
- go by:
- to be disregarded or not taken advantage of: Don't let this chance go by.
- to be guided by or to rely upon: Don't go by what she says.
- go down:
- to decrease or subside, as in amount or size: Prices went down. The swelling is going down.
- to descend or sink: When does the sun go down?
- to suffer defeat: to go down fighting.
- to be accepted or believed: This nonsense goes down as truth with many persons.
- to admit of being consumed: This food goes down easily.
- to be remembered in history or by posterity.
- [Slang.]to happen;
occur: What's been going down since I've been away?
- to leave a university, permanently or at the end of a term.
- [Bridge.]to fall short of making one's contract.
- Slang (vulgar). to perform fellatio or cunnilingus.
- go down on, Slang (vulgar). to perform fellatio or cunnilingus on.
- go for:
- to make an attempt at;
try for: He is going for the championship.
- to assault.
- to favor;
like: It simply isn't the kind of life you would go for.
- to be used for the purpose of or be a substitute for: material that goes for silk.
- go for broke. See broke (def. 7).
- go for it, [Informal.]to pursue a goal with determination.
- go in for:
- to adopt as one's particular interest;
- to occupy oneself with;
engage in: Europeans in increasing numbers are going in for camping.
- go into:
- to discuss or investigate: Let's not go into the question of whose fault it was.
- to undertake as one's study or work: to go into medicine.
- go in with, to join in a partnership or union;
combine with: He asked me to go in with him on the purchase of a boat.
- go it alone, to act or proceed independently, without assistance, companionship, or the like: If you don't want to form a partnership, I'll go it alone.
- go native. See native (def. 18).
- go off:
- to explode, fire, or perform or begin to function abruptly: A gun went off in the distance.
- (of what has been expected or planned) to happen: The interview went off very badly.
- to leave, esp. suddenly: She went off without saying goodbye.
- to die.
- to deteriorate.
- [Slang.]to experience orgasm.
- go on:
- to happen or take place: What's going on here?
- to continue: Go on working.
- to behave;
act: Don't go on like that!
- to talk effusively;
- (used to express disbelief ): Go on, you're kidding me.
- to appear onstage in a theatrical performance: I go on in the middle of the second act.
- go out:
- to come to an end, esp. to fade in popularity: Silent movies went out as soon as the talkies were perfected.
- to cease or fail to function: The lights went out.
- to participate in social activities, on dates, etc.
- to take part in a strike: The printers went out yesterday in a contract dispute.
- [Rummy.]to dispose of the last card in one's hand by melding it on the table.
- [Cards.]to achieve a point score equal to or above the score necessary to win the game.
- go over:
- to repeat;
- to be effective or successful: The proposal went over very well with the trustees.
- to examine: The mechanic went over the car but found nothing wrong.
- to read;
- go the whole hog, to do something thoroughly or consistently: If you're getting a new amplifier, why don't you go the whole hog and get new speakers and a turntable, too?
- go through:
- to bear;
- to examine or search carefully: He went through all of his things but couldn't find the letter.
- to be successful;
be accepted or approved: The proposed appropriation will never go through.
- to use up;
spend completely: He went through his allowance in one day.
- go through with, to persevere with to the end;
bring to completion: It was perhaps the biggest challenge of her life, and she resolved to go through with it.
- go to!, [Archaic.]
- you don't say! I don't believe you!
- let's do it! come on!
- go together:
- to be appropriate or harmonious: The rug and curtains don't go together.
- [Informal.]to keep company;
court: They have gone together for two years.
- go to it, [Informal.]to begin vigorously and at once.
- go under:
- to be overwhelmed or ruined;
- (of a ship) to founder.
- go up:
- to be in the process of construction, as a building.
- to increase in cost, value, etc.
- to forget one's lines during a theatrical performance.
- to go to a university at the beginning of a term.
- go with, [Informal.]to keep company with;
date: He went with her for two semesters.Also, go out with.
- let go:
- to release one's grasp or hold: Please let go of my arm.
- to free;
- to cease to employ;
dismiss: Business was slack and many employees were let go.
- to become unrestrained;
abandon inhibitions: She'd be good fun if she would just let go and enjoy herself.
- to dismiss;
discard: Once he has an idea, he never lets go of it.
- let go with, to express or utter with abandon: He let go with a sudden yell.
- let oneself go, to free oneself of inhibitions or restraint: Let yourself go and get mad once in a while.
- to go, [Informal.](of food) for consumption off the premises where sold: coffee to go.
- the act of going: the come and go of the seasons.
- energy, spirit, or animation: a man with a lot of go.
- a try at something;
attempt: to have a go at winning the prize.
- a successful accomplishment;
success: to make a go of a new business.
- [Informal.]a business agreement;
bargain: Thirty dollars? It's a go.
- [Informal.]approval or permission, as to undertake or begin something: The boss gave us the go on the new project.
- [Boxing.]a bout: the main go.
- from the word "go,'' from the very start;
since the beginning.
- no go, [Informal.]
useless: We tried to get there by noon, but it was no go.
- not authorized or approved to proceed;
canceled or aborted: Tomorrow's satellite launching is no go.
- on the go:
- very busy;
active: She's always on the go.
- while going from place to place;
- (in calling the start of a race) start the race;
leave the starting line: On your mark! Get set! Go!
- functioning properly: two minutes before the satellite is to be launched and all systems are go.
Homehome (hōm),USA pronunciation n., adj., adv., v., homed, hom•ing.
- a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
- the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
- an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
- the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
- the place or region where something is native or most common.
- any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home.
- a person's native place or own country.
- (in games) the destination or goal.
- a principal base of operations or activities: The new stadium will be the home of the local football team.
- [Baseball.]See home plate.
- [Lacrosse.]one of three attack positions nearest the opposing goal.
- at home:
- in one's own house or place of residence.
- in one's own town or country.
- prepared or willing to receive social visits: Tell him I'm not at home. We are always at home to her.
- in a situation familiar to one;
at ease: She has a way of making everyone feel at home.
proficient: to be at home in the classics.
- played in one's hometown or on one's own grounds: The Yankees played two games at home and one away.
- of, pertaining to, or connected with one's home or country;
domestic: home products.
- principal or main: the corporation's home office.
- reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
- played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season.Cf. away (def. 14).
- to, toward, or at home: to go home.
to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
- to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
- into the position desired;
perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home.
- in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home.
- toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.
- bring home to, to make evident to;
clarify or emphasize for: The irrevocability of her decision was brought home to her.
- home and dry, having safely achieved one's goal.
- home free:
- assured of finishing, accomplishing, succeeding, etc.: If we can finish more than half the work today, we'll be home free.
- certain to be successfully finished, accomplished, secured, etc.: With most of the voters supporting it, the new law is home free.
- write home about, to comment especially on;
remark on: The town was nothing to write home about. His cooking is really something to write home about.
- to go or return home.
- (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, esp. under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often fol. by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
- to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
- to have a home where specified;
- to bring or send home.
- to provide with a home.
- to direct, esp. under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.
Hi , this post is about Mandolin Orange - Drink Up And Go Home (beautiful Drink Up And Go Home #4). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1037 x 583. It's file size is just 51 KB. If You decided to download It to Your computer, you might Click here. You also too see more pictures by clicking the following picture or see more at this post: Drink Up And Go Home.
In the event the wooden ground has become ever more popular, Drink Up And Go Home can not be denied, actually has turned into a development inside interior design's sphere. Various kinds and sort are significantly mushrooming available in the market. This involves you to selectively choose what sort of timber floors are of good-quality. But regrettably nearly all of you are still baffled in selecting a normal wood flooring together with the replica.
Apparent from the following issues that often arise from buyers concerning the wooden flooring. From your preceding post we can find wooden floors healthy for the household and before deciding to choose a wooden floor, is highly recommended beforehand unidentified location using wooden floor.
Flooring items are wooden floors that are original since a great number of timber floor products in the marketplace aren't all-wood. Here we identify three forms of timber floor products seen from your content as a consideration while in the selection. Listed below are on selecting a normal wood surfaces: Mandolin Orange - Drink Up And Go Home (beautiful Drink Up And Go Home #4) including blankets of table of a specified dimension, three tips.
Related Galleries of Mandolin Orange - Drink Up And Go Home (beautiful Drink Up And Go Home #4)
- Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Replacement Parts
- Area Rugs Affordable
- Barebones Furniture
- Fireplace King Huntsville
- Drapes At Ikea
- Clawfoot Tub Sale
- 2 Bedroom Apartments In Berwyn Il
- Dfw Patio Builders
- Multifunction Furniture
- How To Reupholster Dining Room Chair
- Double Mid Sleeper Bed
- Home Depot Rubbermaid Step Stool
- Granite Undermount Sink
- Ottoman Sleepers Beds
- Jimmy Fallon Lip Sink
- How To Mason Jar Chandelier